Full course description
The Childcare Payment Program Health and Safety Training course is designed to walk you through 13 modules of content related to health and safety practices in the childcare industry.
Target Audience: Early Childcare Providers
Individuals who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion from the Early Childhood Academy via the Early Childhood Academy Catalog.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to
- Exhibit practices that can aid in the prevention of infectious diseases, infant syndromes, allergic reactions, and abusive trauma
- Understand guidelines for appropriate administration of medication with standards for parental consent
- Implement building and physical premise safety practices
- Understand emergency preparedness and response, pediatric first aid, and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Practice effective handling and storage of hazardous materials and disposal of bio-contaminants
- Demonstrate appropriate precautions when transporting children
- Understand child development and developmental milestones
- Recognize signs of child abuse and neglect